Help me understand Multipliers and Jets being "Held"

To be the first of the new ULTRA Editions

Help me understand Multipliers and Jets being "Held"

Postby Jim » Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:57 am

Okay, maybe I'm just not understanding how it is supposed to work, but this has happened to me many times over the years, and it just happened to me again today, and it's time to get an answer:

My understanding of Multipliers Held and Jets Held was that the Multiplier and Jet bumper values would be retained across balls, so if I have Super Jets and the ball drains, I would still have Super Jets on the next ball. Also if I have 7x Multiplier and the ball drains, I will still have 7x Multiplier on the next ball.

I must be mistaken though because today when I was playing, I got an extra ball from Video Mode and had Super Jets (held), yet on my next ball I was back to regular jets needing 100 hits to make them super again :? I was also back to 1x Multiplier. As I said, this has happened to me on the original CD Timeshock!, The Kickstarter Edition and now the ULTRA Edition, so it must be intended behavior.

So someone please set me straight on this. What does "being held" actually do in this game?

--Jim
Jim
VIP
VIP

Re: Help me understand Multipliers and Jets being "Held"

Postby Lio » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:16 pm

My understanding is that anything 'held' only carries over to the next ball and not for the rest of the game.
Your mother ate my dog! :-)
Lio
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Jim » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:56 pm

Hmm, that may be. If that's the case, I admit I would be a bit disappointed. I'm not ashamed to admit my score would greatly benefit from multipliers and jets being held for the rest of the game. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the clarification though! It also seems to reset on any "buy-in" ball or "shoot again".

--Jim
Jim
VIP
VIP

Postby LoB » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:39 pm

Definitely true that way. Otherwise it also wouldn't make sense to play the award lane again ;)
LoB

Postby MFaka » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:18 pm

Yes, they are held for one ball.

But this makes me wonder what happens if you go through awards twice , with the same ball ofc.
Gonna check my footage and i'll report if i find something.
MFaka

Return to Timeshock!