[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pro Pinball • View topic - sound balance problem

sound balance problem

To be the first of the new ULTRA Editions

sound balance problem

Postby pnoid » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:55 pm

Peculiar problem with TimeShock, the original version, about the sound.
Normally with Brusa and Fantastic Journey you can balance the speech, mechanical, fx sounds and the music, 10 values for all sounds and music, TimeShock has the same options
With TimeShock I can set the sounds from 0 to 10 and everything inbetween,
except the music, the music can be set on 0 or 10, but nothing inbetween, so it is off or the volume for the music is maximal, only two choices, very hard to hear the other(important) sounds, there is no balance.
So I play TimeShock without music to protect my ears, and I want to hear the ball bouncing around, and the voices,
very important for me, the music is compared with the other sounds way to hard, at least for me.
I wonder if this is a common bug with TimeShock, or is it just me, maybe I'm missing something.
Didn't play TimeShock much, so I can't remember how it was in the past.
I don't use a real cd nor a no-cd patch, instead I made an exact copy from the real cd on my hard drive, a virtual cd,
and I load it in a virtual cd drive, something I do with all the ProPinball games, this is also the only way to play TheWeb with music besides a real cd, which is impossible with a no-cd patch, as far as I know.
Is this a common bug or is there something wrong on my disk?
pnoid

Re: sound balance problem

Postby Phlum » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:12 am

Works fine for me, although I am using the newer version given away to all Kickstarter backers. I don't know if that version is available anywhere else, unfortunately.
Phlum
VIP
VIP

Postby PinballSales » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:39 am

It seems to be working fine for most people. You might want to get yours checked to a near care center.
PinballSales

Postby Howitzer » Wed May 27, 2015 7:27 pm

The original CD based version used redbook audio for the music (that is, the songs were just standard music tracks on the CD that you could play in a CD player)

You might want to check the sound control panel in windows and see if you can adjust CD audio from there.
Now there's a frood who really knows where his towel is!
Howitzer

Postby larry » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:01 pm

larry
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Lio » Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:39 pm

The 1997 retail CD version I have for PC Windows certainly uses Redbook CD audio...
Your mother ate my dog! :-)
Lio
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby LoB » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:09 pm

LoB

Return to Timeshock!