[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pro Pinball • View topic - Nice nose!

Nice nose!

To be the first of the new ULTRA Editions

Nice nose!

Postby nudiustertian » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:49 pm

I never thought I'd get the chance to ask this. :D

During Mount Rushmore, the game will occasionally say "nice nose!" as you're scaling. When does it do this? Is this completely at random, or when you complete the shots in a particular way, or what? Can any dev shed a light on this?

I know, not exactly an issue of earth-shattering importance, but it's been bugging me for years.

The other exploration modes have small easter eggs like this too (like when the announcer says "that was too close!") but those are more obviously tied to conditions.
nudiustertian

Re: Nice nose!

Postby insx » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:42 pm

I think it's when you are face to face with the statue head for a long time but I could be wrong. It's a long time since I heard it.
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Penguinator » Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:13 am

I think it happens when you hit the upper ramp before hitting the middle orbit (which normally sets you up for the upper ramp shot).That means pretty much going through the left orbit and bumpers.
I don't rmember if the lit left ramp has anything to do with it, but it might.
Penguinator
VIP
VIP

Postby nudiustertian » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:29 am

Well, it's terribly frustrating. I've started Rushmore God knows how many times since installing the Kickstarter version, and not once has the table said "nice nose" again. The order in which you complete the lanes doesn't seem to matter, neither does waiting out the timer. It may be a purely random thing that just happens to never hit on my new configuration. I guess I should just let it go. :)
nudiustertian

Postby nudiustertian » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:34 am

nudiustertian

Postby ErikM » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:54 pm

It only happens when you've made exactly two shots. Which two and the order don't matter. It's random.
ErikM
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby insx » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:05 am

Last night the ball came out of the bumpers and I did a perfect side ramp, left ramp, right ramp.... "nice nose".
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby insx » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:26 am

I thought Penguinator was onto something until I read some of the other posts. Are we saying it's basically random but you have to make two shots to have a chance of hearing it?
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby ErikM » Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:35 pm

Yes, that's exactly it. You have to make any two shots, then the quote can randomly play. It doesn't come any more after the third shot, since you're no longer hanging next to the nose. insx must have had the quote trigger at just the right time before the third shot registered.
ErikM
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby insx » Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:05 pm

Two shots in a combo or just two shots?
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Next

Return to Timeshock!