[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Pro Pinball • View topic - Tips & Tricks

Tips & Tricks

To be the first of the new ULTRA Editions

Re: Tips & Tricks

Postby mystman12 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:42 am

Could anyone explain how the nudge works? I'm so used to the Pinball Arcade, where I just nudge in the opposite direction that I want the ball to move, and it's really confusing me in this game.
mystman12

Postby ErikM » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:19 am

ErikM
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby nudiustertian » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:08 am

I may apply some of your tips, Erik, but not until I've reached the End of Time at least once. So far I've yet to reach the Dawn of Time a second time... I'm not sure your tips are for newbies so much as they are for wizards. :-)
nudiustertian

Postby insx » Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:32 am

insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Penguinator » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:48 pm

Last edited by Penguinator on Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penguinator
VIP
VIP

Postby LoB » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:08 pm

LoB

Postby insx » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:58 am

insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Jim » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:56 pm

Seems I've been doing those flipper techniques without realizing that they were actually techniques. The first time that I ever passed the ball between the flippers, I just counted my blessings. After that I started to actually try to do it (which seemed to make it more difficult).

And in the comments of that video, someone mentioned another thing that I almost thought was a bug... letting the ball drop down the center and then having it bounce off the post and back into the playfield. I didn't think anyone else did that. :D

I don't have a lot of experience with real tables though, there's probably a lot of things that Timeshock can do that I don't even realize.

I did get a perfect catch once on the Dreamcast version once though! Impressive physics.
Jim
VIP
VIP

Postby Vince » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:03 pm

Vince
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Penguinator » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:04 pm

Penguinator
VIP