Wimped out

To be the first of the new ULTRA Editions

Wimped out

Postby insx » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:50 pm

After 20 years of trying to get to The End of Time, I finally gave in and made my settings a tad easier, mostly just by changing the time drive difficulty. I finished Dawn of Time on my first go and I finally feel like I've got a chance to get to the ultimate wizard mode. I've always resisted changing from factory settings before but I guess it's time.

What do you think? Is Timeshock too hard or are you one of those people who can play the game for 8 hours and complete the crystal multiple times?
Brief spec: AMD Athlon II X4 760K @ 3.8 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win 10 64bit | GeForce GTX 950
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Re: Wimped out

Postby Jim » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:13 am

Well, I'm more of a casual player.
I don't even focus on beating the table... I'm usually too busy keeping my ball out of the drains, when I do activate a timewarp, I usually opt to stay in the present because I haven't gotten all of the continents there.

I guess I'm not really the type of player to answer your question... but it's nice to see ANY new posts here -- I half expect these boards (and the site) to disappear entirely soon. The domain registration expires June 14th of this year. If the company is broke, I don't expect a renewal of the site.
Jim
VIP
VIP

Postby insx » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:15 am

This seems to me to be as good a place as any to discuss these games. We will see what happens in June though :?
Brief spec: AMD Athlon II X4 760K @ 3.8 GHz | 4GB RAM | Win 10 64bit | GeForce GTX 950
insx
VIP Tester
VIP Tester

Postby Qxid » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:47 am

Timeshock may be too hard, but that is also the appeal for me. I've been playing the game for 20 years now and it feels like I can still discover new things when I've played it another 20 years.
I just love its complexity.
Qxid

Return to Timeshock!